Here's a list of some websites which may be come in handy when you are looking for podcasts and radio programmes:
BBC World Service In this website you'll find different radio programmes and if internet connection fails you can download podcasts. You can choose podcasts by genre or radio station. I personally like "The English we speak" and "6 minute English". They are short digital audios which focus on a specific feature of the English language: everyday English phrases and information on different topics with examples and explanation.
VOA Voice of America is another great option. I discovered the section "The classroom" which includes videos and audios with explanations and examples about the use of idioms and how to pronounce certain words in American English. You can also find lessons and words and their origins. Let me share "Dress to kill"
If you want to work with videos, you can find good resources at English Central and Teacher's Tube. I also found some useful ones to work with my students on Teacher's TV which are now available on You Tube. These are video clips to develop creative writing.
Hi Maria,
ReplyDeleteThank you for recommending these websites for us. I have watched the video you posted and found these stories very interesting. I think making stories is a good way to help students develop their imagination. What I want to know is how do you use these videos in your EFL/ESL class? What are the level of the students? You know this kind of exercise is really beyond my students. I have to tell you you have no idea how I admire you and your teaching.
Sijing
Hi Sijinh, thanks for your message. I'm currently working as a lecturer in "Materials Design" and "ICT for ELT" at different training colleges in Buenos Aires, Argentina. But I used to teach Language and Literature in a bilingual school. I found the video clips inspiring for creating writing because we usually include "writing prompts" and they are not motivating enough as using "multimedia prompts". So you can work with them in different ways:
ReplyDelete- students can choose one of the video clips and write a short story about it.
- students can work in small groups and write a short story about one of the video clips.
- students can write a chain story based on one of the video clips.
- instead of writing a story they can record an audio story based on one of the video clips.
- the teacher can choose one of the video clips and students can work on it even dramatizing what happens next and video record that.
The possibilities are endless. It all depends on the group, the content you want to teach and your objectives.
Hello María Laura,
ReplyDeleteReally, your all the posts are one of the superb and excellent. I am greatly impressed by your ppt. You day by day have been working harder. Of course you have nurtured computer skills minutely.Keep it up.
Best of luck!
Dr. Ashok Kumar