16 Nov 2013

Weebly for e-portfolios

I've been using this idea of creating e-portoflios. If you want to know more about the topic, here's a canvas I prepared. But what about Weebly? In order to explore this tool for creating websites, I first introduced the topic of e-portfolios, their advantages and disadvantages and samples of students' e-porfolios.

Canvas: E-porfolios

Last Tuesday we watched Valerie's Burton webinar and explored all the links she shared. Now students must ope an account in Weebly.










4 comments:

  1. Hi Maria Laura,

    the idea of this course to comment on our colleagues blogs is good and proves the statement of "learning by doing". And it gives us a possibility to get something new not only from reading class materials and taking part in discussions and completing tasks but also from our colleagues' posts. Thanks to your post I new about e-Porfolios and Weebly. e-Portfolios can be used in variety of cases, topics, aspects and levels as from very early age children are familiar with a computer, Internet, etc. And students are real professionals. And when they are really interested in the subject or what to create something outstanding they'll surpass themselves.

    Thank you for new knowledge.
    Best, Olga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Olga. E-portfolios are great and capture students' learning process and final results. My students started using Pathbrite and Blendspace to create their e-portfolios but I found that the tool was limited. So I started to explore new option and discovered Weebly. I'm happy to know you'll review my project plan.

      Delete
  2. Hello Maria,
    It is a nice posting you did this week 6, Maria. I am interested in using Weebly e-Portfolio application for my classes. I tried to open that link https://www.blendspace.com/lessons/Jq_oYL1ZAHVstw/e-portfolios. But exactly I haven't known how to start this application. If you don't mind, you can send this to comment box on blog http://e-teachingweb.blogspot.com/ or our Nicenet. Thanks for your attention and good luck. See you on next discussion.
    Best,
    Rudi Hartono

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rudi. I'll visit you blog right away and post a comment.

      Delete